Re: Snit post-editing

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Snit post-editing
FromSteve Carroll
Date12/11/2015 03:18 (12/10/2015 18:18)
Message-ID<9f1944c1-9e95-4c44-9641-0df9ecea48b2@googlegroups.com>
Followsowl
FollowupsSheldon Corky (9m)
owl (34m) > Steve Carroll

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 5:39:23 PM UTC-7, owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 5:00:09 PM UTC-7, owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 3:05:52 PM UTC-7, owl wrote:

owl
Barry H <barryum@linuxmail.org>wrote:

Barry H (Snit)
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:24:32 +0000 (UTC), owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:23:54 PM UTC-7, owl wrote:

owl
The lying scumbag Snit responds to one of my posts and adds words to my post. Stop humping my leg you pathetic Assburger!

I had not quoted anyone in that post, yet the lying Assburger Snitfeen Pathtik added all that crap above my post as if I had responded to a post of his.

This is another one of those famous "unquotable lies" of his.

Steve Carroll
WTF is he on now?! Meth?

owl
Now the lying tweeker is lying yet again, saying that my newsreader somehow "snipped context" from my own original post -- which was not a reply to any other post from which context could even have been snipped!

Barry H (Snit)
How so?

owl
My post was not a reply to any post. Fucktard added quoted material from another thread to my post as if I had quoted it in a reply.

This was my original post: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/comp.os.linux.advocacy/OseGBQy6UHc/Tc3uspv7BQAJ

This was Snit's reply to that: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/comp.os.linux.advocacy/OseGBQy6UHc/0P5QrUP8BQAJ

Steve Carroll
I see no removed content, I only see you point to a link and some text... so he's lying some more, as expected. We all know that instead of doing things like working on his 'business' he'd much rather use all that 'production, efficiency and error reduction' to whine how much of a 'victim' he is. If this wasn't the case he might know why you don't leave the 'doctype' element out of an HTML document... he might even be able to explain how this javascript works:

function greeting(troll) { return function(name, remark) { if (troll === 'Snit') { console.log(name+', you friggin\' '+remark+'!'); }

if (troll === 'other') { console.log('Yes, '+name+', Snit is a '+remark+'.'); } } }

var slamSnit = greeting('Snit'); var greetOther = greeting('other');

slamSnit('Snit', 'crackhead'); greetOther('owl', 'crackhead');

But I'm thinking...

<http://www.retroland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Magic-8-Ball.jpg>

owl
Interesting. Works this way too:

#!/usr/bin/nodejs function greeting(troll) { return function(name, remark) { if (troll === 'Snit') { console.log(name+', you friggin\' '+remark+'!'); }

if (troll === 'other') { console.log('Yes, '+name+', Snit is a '+remark+'.'); } } }

//var slamSnit = greeting('Snit'); //var greetOther = greeting('other');

//slamSnit('Snit', 'crackhead'); //greetOther('owl', 'crackhead');

greeting('Snit')('Snit','crackhead'); greeting('other')('owl','crackhead');

Steve Carroll
Yeah but it's an example of a (very simple) function factory, so that sorta defeats the point.

owl
OK.

Steve Carroll
Now, to rile you back up a bit:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BmwBHEL5TY>

owl
Lots of people play it. Dave wrote it.

Yeah, right ;) This chick is 'rewriting' it on the fly (jammin'):

<https://youtu.be/4hFyTDkbpjI?t=285>

Steve Carroll
And there are several other young chicks that can play it decently on YT... but they ain't playing Beck's stuff ;)

owl
There's a reason for that, and it's not because it's awesome. :)

It's because they can't figure out how to do what he does, not in the way he does it.

Look, you can jam like some people, others, you can't. People can jam remarkably *like* Gilmour once they nail the processing stack. You can switch crap around all year long and *never* sound like Beck. I guarantee Beck could sound like Gilmour in a few minutes. The reverse? Never gonna happen.

Seriously, is there anything that Beck wrote that gives you goosebumps when you hear it?

And the sound of my jaw hitting the floor: Blow By Blow, Wired, Guitar Shop. I've never gotten that from Gilmour's playing. Frankly, outside of a few PF tunes I rarely listened to him.

That's the mark of greatness, not "chops" or seeing how "out there" you can get. It's called "music." Some people forget that it's supposed to be listened to and enjoyed.

And some people forget that the mantle of 'greatest guitarist' is different than 'greatest composer' or 'greatest guy playing a particular solo I like'. Nothing wrong with that... but it's a different discussion. In any event, there really is no 'greatest guitarist' but there is raw talent, which Beck has more of compared to *any* of the Brits. And every single one of them will tell you that. While I think these little 'lists' and 'ratings' are a joke, if DG was so great he should be in this one (not like he never played a Gibson):

<http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/10-Greatest-British-Guitarists-of-All-Time.aspx>

Now don't be a Snit, come over to the 'Dark Side' (not Of The Moon... of expanded harmonic concepts).

Muwha ha haaaaaa. ;)