Re: Snit Socks Coming Out O...

Snit
SubjectRe: Snit Socks Coming Out Of The Wood Work
Message-ID<D2830B2B.65A6C%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowupsSandman (57m) > Snit

On 12/1/15, 12:19 AM, in article sandman-d197b5a805c9e6466d8f8bd579cd4008@individual.net, "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <D282271B.65980%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>, Snit wrote:

Snit
My behavior is fine...

Sandman
Ever notice that you're the only one that regard your behaviors as "fine"?

Snit
If that was true actual comments would be noted that were not "fine".

Sandman
And they are, you're just not accepting them as such, which is your prerogative, but no one agrees with your conclusion.

Snit
notice the debates almost always go to meta-debate nonsense and do not even focus on my doing any wrong.

Sandman
No, I have never noticed that, actually.

Snit
Well, this thread is a great example!

Sandman
How so?

Snit
You did try to actually find me doing wrong recently...

Sandman
You mean above, when I pointed out once, no twice, that you misrepresented what someone had said? Yes, indeed.

Snit
I did no such thing.

Sandman
Incorrect.

Snit
Well, people in COLA and CSMA are obsessed with me.

Sandman
And you with them, apparently.

Snit
I respond to a bunch of people who are obsessed with me. And I do post a lot... but not about any one person!

Sandman
I.e. you are obsessed with them, just like I said.

If them posting about you is a sign of obsession, then you posting about them must mean the exact same thing.

Snit
I rarely post about people

Sandman
242 posts about me in the last couple of years that were not in response to a post of mine, so yes - you do.

Snit
It is like they have never seen honor and honesty before... which also explains why when anyone who shows any decent character comes to these groups they are accused of being me.

Sandman
Haha, good one.

Snit
It is sick, really.

Sandman
I don't think your joke was "sick".

Snit
I respond because it amused me and I find psychology interesting.

Sandman
But what is the point?

Snit
See above.

Sandman
No "point" outlined above. Sorry.

Are you responding only for your own amusement, is this your response? Your responses have no actual goal other than to fulfill your own sense of amusement, do I understand your answer correctly?

Snit
Well, depends on the post. In this thread, yeah - pretty much

Sandman
That would indeed be a defining character of a troll, someone that posts with disregard for the topic, the subject or the discussion, someone that only posts to amuse himself.

Interesting.

As you are aware, you are always in threads where people disagree with you.

Snit
I do not follow all threads to see where people agree or disagree with me

Sandman
I was in reference to the threads you're "in", meaning that by definition you are following them.

Snit
So your big observation is I am in threads where I post.

Sandman
No, that you're in threads where no one is agreeing with you. You are always in a thread arguing something with someone that never agrees with you, never changes their opinion about your viewpoint and never accepts your viewpoint.

Snit
so, no I do not know your claim to be true... nor is there any reason to think it is true.

Sandman
On what basis do you claim that it isn't true that in most (if not all)

Snit
Above you said "always"... why the change to "most (if not all)"?

Sandman
My unanalyzed assumption is "always", since I can not remember a thread where you made your point and agreement was reached, but I don't read all threads, of course, so I could have missed it.

threads you participate you are doing so with a person that disagrees with what you are saying?

Snit
No evidence of this being true.

Sandman
And none to the contrary.

Snit
Might be in COLA and CSMA...

Sandman
And this tells you nothing? That these are two groups where no one ever agrees with your viewpoint on a given subject.

What is it with those threads that keep you posting to them - what is the goal with your participation in them?

Snit
See above.

Sandman
Where you said that your motive for participating in threads is for your own amusement, correct? Where by extension you find amusement in animosity towards you, right? And where you find amusement in being disagreed with, being called names and being generally disliked? Just trying to interpret your answer correctly here.

Snit
I find amusement in how you publicly display your insecurity and lack of confidence;

Sandman
And this supposed "insecurity" is manifesting itself in disagreeing with you, disliking you and calling you names, right? So your point is to feel amused by this response you get, right?

When was the last time anyone (other than a sock puppet of yours) said "Thanks" to something you said? And even if you can find such a post, how much of the actual responses are those percentage-wise?

Snit
And then you repeat the "everyone is Snit" gag. Yawn.

Sandman
No answer for the question, then? Curious.

Snit
Your question has a dishonest implication in it... as such there is no way to answer.

Sandman
In what way did it have a supposed "dishonest" implication? It's a sincere question.

Snit
You implied common use of socks. This is a direct lie from you.

Sandman
Haha!

Snit
See: this is also part of the "fun" for me... to note how people such as you troll and watch you freak out. :)

Sandman
Ah, am I "freaking out" now? I see. Interesting.

Snit
Yes. You are working to keep a calm demeanor, but you are making false accusations, etc. You are not making a good showing!

Sandman
Interesting

I'm sure you feel that you're often trying to make a point, but the real question is, *are* you making the point? I.e. even if you feel you have a good and solid view on a given subject, do you ever find that you "win" the argument and the opposing person adopts your viewpoint?

Food for thought.

Snit
If you think I have failed to back a point then show it...

Sandman
That's not the question though.

Snit
Of course I am making points.

Sandman
There is a difference between *having* a point, and *making* a point, as I'm sure you're aware. Making a point is achieved only and if you manage to convey it to the other party successfully and it is accepted.

Snit
Oh, I can make a point fine and you can either miss it or

Sandman
No, if the recipient "misses" it, it has not been made. You have then failed to make your point.

I am fully aware of the fact that you think yo *have* a point in any given discussion, I am asking you when or if you ever have managed to *make* that point. Meaning, when was the last time you had a "discussion" or whatever you want to call it on USENET where you successfully made your point and the one you were talking to accepted it as valid?

Snit
I will leave it to you to obsess and care about such things about me.

Sandman
So, you have no answer? In all the years on usenet, you cannot recall one single time you ever successfully made a point? Interesting.

A lot of repetition from you. You go on and on with your circus.

But what you fail to show is any actual comment from me where you or Slimer can show I am wrong.

Meanwhile you ignore the fact you have been proved to be a liar.

You just push meta-debate nonsense and when this is noted you try to push a debate about THAT... a meta-meta-debate. Not even slightly interested.

Oh, and you just claim I am incorrect and you correct. Boring. You have no actual point to make.

I did note how you and Slimer and others tend to make up stories about me and my life. Heck, look at the title of this thread: a fantasy about me... nothing about any actual action of mine. I rarely if ever do that to others, but you lie and claim I do because as I talked about EVENTS I speak of the people involved. Not the same thing at all.

You also engage in role-reversal when I note how the "everyone is Snit" joke is sick and then you push that onto me.

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>

Sandman (57m) > Snit