Re: Snit Socks Coming Out O...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Snit Socks Coming Out Of The Wood Work
FromSteve Carroll
Date12/01/2015 01:49 (11/30/2015 16:49)
Message-ID<e03d7f7c-42ca-42ff-bba8-50334c75ea21@googlegroups.com>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSlimer (18m) > Steve Carroll

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 5:29:07 PM UTC-7, Snit wrote:

Snit
On 11/30/15, 5:19 PM, in article n3ioui$dla$1@dont-email.me, "Slimer" <.m@nsn.s>wrote:

Slimer

On 2015-11-30 5:40 PM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <D281FDBC.65921%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>, Snit wrote:

I haven't got the medical/psychiatric expertise to talk about anxiety in any capacity, but I do agree that it's a sign of poor character to let a mental illness affect people around you in a negative manner.

Snit
And, let me guess, a sign of poor character for someone with MS to have to use a wheelchair? After all, a "real man" can walk for himself!

Really, the level of ignorance you are showing here is amazing!

Sandman
I bet, since the "level of ignorance" was expressed by you and you alone.

Slimer
I love how Michael Glasser Prescott Usenet Troll is willing to debate psychological matters with me, disregarding the fact that I was so gifted in the field that my CÉGEP professors basically gave me their referrals and begged me to become a psychologist. If anything, I am better-equipped to speak on the matter than he is. If I say that PTSD is not anxiety, it isn't.

Snit
Ah, if you say it. Wow. Such strong evidence.

I presented evidence in this post, funny how you managed to avoid it ;)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/comp.os.linux.advocacy/KTf-2lnvcKk/ChYNj-CLBAAJ

Meanwhile let us look at reality: <http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/DSM-5-changes> ----- Anxiety and Depression Refinements Much has remained the same in the areas of anxiety and depression, with refinements of criteria and symptoms across the lifespan. Some disorders included in the broad category of anxiety disorders are now in three sequential chapters: Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders, and Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders. This move emphasizes the distinctiveness of each category while signaling their interconnectedness. -----

Even in the DSM-5, which has redefined things some, the "broad category of anxiety disorders" includes Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders,

HELLO GLUEHEAD! They defined PTSD as no longer being "anxiety disorders". The Vet link even specifically stated it:

"PTSD is no longer categorized as an Anxiety Disorder.

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/PTSD-overview/ptsd-overview.asp

In other words, it's not nearly black and white enough for you to call anyone clueless on it, you clueless, fatheaded jackass.

which of course includes PTSD. But really this is getting into nit-picking silliness.

Why? Because it undermined your having called Slimer clueless when you simultaneously exposed your own cluelessness?

* Points to no specific comment of mine. Of course not, for he knows I defend my comments well (and has stated so in the past).

Except the one about PTSD being an anxiety disorder as you disallowed any and all viewpoints to the contrary. In other words, you were, once again, the sole arbiter of the argument... and you did it all without realizing what a clueless jackass you made of yourself. That's talent! LOL!