Re: Snit Socks Coming Out O...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Snit Socks Coming Out Of The Wood Work
Message-ID<sandman-28dcef5c992f2413834528c79190fb05@individual.net>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (15m) > Sandman
Slimer (1h & 38m)

In article <D281FDBC.65921%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>, Snit wrote:

Sandman
I haven't got the medical/psychiatric expertise to talk about anxiety in any capacity, but I do agree that it's a sign of poor character to let a mental illness affect people around you in a negative manner.

Snit
And, let me guess, a sign of poor character for someone with MS to have to use a wheelchair? After all, a "real man" can walk for himself!

Really, the level of ignorance you are showing here is amazing!

I bet, since the "level of ignorance" was expressed by you and you alone.

Sandman
If you know you're not feeling well you should take extra care to not let this affect the ones that are around you.

Snit
If a service member who is suffering from PTSD and this impacts their life in a severe way is merely "not feeling well" and should make sure it does not affect anyone else.

Indeed. It should be in any person's interest not see him- or herself as a victim and let others suffer from it.

A lot of people with PTSD (which isn't exclusive to former soldiers) turn to drugs and alcohol, severely worsening their state and the life of those around them, instead of getting medical and psychological treatment to help them deal with their situation in the way that benefits them, and the ones in their life the most.

PTSD (or other mental problems) isn't a choice, it's how you live with it that's the choice. Taking responsibility for your own actions is the first step to getting to grips with the situation. Realizing that you cannot blame your mental illness for treating others bad is another. If you suffer from PTSD, you deserve all the help and treatment that is available to you, but if you treat people bad, they will not want to help you, and you end up alienating others which in turn makes matters worse for yourself.

Slimer
He doesn't want to convince anyone; he simply wants to destroy whatever your viewpoint is.

Sandman
Well, he's pretty lousy at that, so I'm not sure...

Snit
And things you claim to be sure of you are still wrong about!

Or so you claim, but thus far, you haven't been able to convince anyone about it, right?

-- Sandman

Snit (15m) > Sandman
Slimer (1h & 38m)