Re: Snit Socks Coming Out O...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Snit Socks Coming Out Of The Wood Work
FromSteve Carroll
Date11/30/2015 22:11 (11/30/2015 13:11)
Message-ID<ae24a500-7603-4d35-9a3e-a43abd5b7452@googlegroups.com>
FollowsSnit

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 1:56:08 PM UTC-7, Snit wrote:

Snit
On 11/30/15, 1:49 PM, in article n3ick1$qrp$1@dont-email.me, "Slimer" <.m@nsn.s>wrote:

Slimer

On 2015-11-30 2:47 PM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <n3i428$mqo$1@dont-email.me>, Slimer wrote:

Only, he didn't actually tell you to "get over it". He just said that he dislikes that your personal health issues make you post repeatedly on usenet over pointless debates. Something I'm sure you would agree with - when was the last time you had a "debate" on usenet that had a point? I mean, a debate that had a goal you felt was achieved successfully? Aren't you always found in threads disagreeing with pretty much everyone?

Slimer
He put words in my mouth, a shocker. I should point out though that I'm not saying that he should "get over it," I'm saying that real men wouldn't even be affected by things such as anxiety. Most of us would find a way around it and accomplish everything that we are supposed to do as husbands and fathers. Anxiety is not an illness, it's an excuse.

Sandman
I haven't got the medical/psychiatric expertise to talk about anxiety in any capacity, but I do agree that it's a sign of poor character to let a mental illness affect people around you in a negative manner. If you know you're not feeling well you should take extra care to not let this affect the ones that are around you.

Slimer
I'm fairly sure that I have seasonal affective disorder. As a result, I try hard to be ever more patient during the winter season so as to not berate the people around me with my misery. In his case, he seems to be using his anxiety as an excuse for his otherwise inexcusable behaviour. In other words, he is submitting to anxiety and making the rest of us pay for his mental illness.

Snit
1) You point to NO behavior of mine...

Other than you trying to pretend you're as bad off as someone with PTSD, you mean?

Serious question: You don't think what you tried to do here was pretty low, even for you?

2) You show NO example of my using any health issue at all as an "excuse"

How do you figure your disingenuous attempt to use the PTSD of others to your advantage isn't an example of you attempting to use your "anxiety" issue as an excuse for your behavior? Why did you even try to connect the two if not to shame him into submission?

Comes down to you not having a point but feeling the need to attack people. Hmmm, maybe this is because of your Seasonal Affective Disorder... which you are "fairly sure" you have.

Could be, huh. Lemme guess... he's not allowed such an "excuse" but you are... right, Mr. Hypocrite?

Slimer
He doesn't want to convince anyone; he simply wants to destroy whatever your viewpoint is.

Sandman
Well, he's pretty lousy at that, so I'm not sure...

Slimer
Most people have lost interest in him; I'm one of them.

Snit
Yet you are so obsessed with me you make up stories about me in your .sig and fantasize about me in just about every post.

Which regular posters have you not accused of being "obsessed" with you? Do you even know?

So be it... I do not tend to hold grudges. If and when you decide to be more reasonable again I am happy to move on in such a way... I shall not sink to your level.

You've actually sunk below your own usual low level with this BS. Not that you haven't tried similar crap but, thankfully, you don't pull it that often.