Re: Next Lightroomrequires ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Next Lightroomrequires 64bit
Fromnospam
Date02/02/2015 02:16 (02/01/2015 20:16)
Message-ID<010220152016448560%nospam@nospam.invalid>

In article <sandman-339cd49a17f927e3978b5a3601e94971@individual.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
I *WONDERED* what happened to your browser. I did *NOT* "blame" neither you nor your browser.

You were an asshole without a valid reason.

nospam
nope. i always have a valid reason to be an asshole :)

Sandman
Not this time. Many times you do, when people are being rude to you. But this time I wasn't and you responded by being a complete ass.

nospam
nope.

once again, this has *nothing* whatsofucking ever to do with my browser or anyone elses browser (nor could it). you are completely ignorant about the issue.

Sandman
Even so - I did NOT *blame* YOU, OR your browser. I was *WONDERING* This is English. You were an asshole without me being rude.

you're wondering about the wrong thing due to your ignorance of the matter and you refuse to admit it.

it's that simple.

nospam
i have *zero* problems finding excellent restaurants.

Sandman
You have thus far been 100% unable to do so in that area.

nospam
how the fuck would you know what types of restaurants i find? answer: you don't.

Sandman
Prove it or shut the fuck up.

the restaurants i eat at are almost always excellent.

there's your proof.

nospam
i'll say it again, it's not hard to find good restaurants, whether it's nearby or on a trip. it just takes a little research, research which you refuse to do.

Sandman
Prove it or shut the fuck up.

you can't be that stupid.

well, maybe you can.

it's not that hard to find good restaurants. really, it isn't.

nospam
prove that steam customer usage is identical to adobe.

Sandman
I would, if I had claimed they were. As it is, I haven't.

nospam
you cited it as evidence, despite it being completely irrelevant.

Sandman
I cited it as data about Windows 7 32bit usage, which it is.

it's irrelevant usage.

but even if those numbers applied to adobe, it still makes no difference.

someone who hasn't bought a new computer in the past 7 years (when 64 bit hardware became available) isn't someone who is going to be buying new software, which means they aren't going to be buying lightroom 6 and probably aren't running lightroom 5 either.

adobe made a decision to offer features that people want, rather than cater to a bunch of laggards who aren't going to be buying the app anyway.

nospam: adobe knows *exactly* what their customer base is far better than you or anyone else does and they would not drop 32 bit support if it made a difference. it doesn't.

it's a complete non-issue.

A claim from you based on exactly no data.

nospam
it's common sense.

Sandman
Again, no data. What you call "common sense" is irrelevant to the explicit claim that requires data to support it.

nospam
if i said the sky is blue, you'd want data to support it, despite everyone knowing the sky is blue.

Sandman
The fact whether the sky is blue can be seen by anyone. The supposed fact that Adobe customers and Steam users are "worlds apart" is not observable by looking out the window.

anyone can see that gamers are not graphic artists.

you prove my point.

You made the claim. Prove it or shut the fuck up.

nospam
why the hell would adobe shoot themselves in the foot? the may not be perfect, but they're not that stupid.

Sandman
No one has claimed they would shoot themselves in the foot.

nospam
then their decision to drop 32 bit support is a complete non-issue, as i said long ago.

Sandman
I haven't even claimed it *is* an issues, I said in the OP that I was wondering how many Lightroom users that would be left out of Lightroom 6.

almost none.

You then made the incorrect claim that Lightroom 5 is 64 bit,

nothing incorrect about that.

lightroom 5 absolutely is 64 bit.

and then offered a lot of hot air about how it's a "non-issue" without any data to support a single statement you've made.

it's a non-issue.

you are so fucking clueless.

nospam
you, however, is a different story.

Sandman
Yes, I work with facts, support and substantiation for my claims, and I don't make explicit claims I can't support. That's your department.

nospam
you work with facts you make up as you go along and you consistently make claims you can't support.

Sandman
State one single claim I've made in this thread that I have been unable to support. Quote it.

steam's data being relevant. the tinyurl linking to an ad-tracker was at my end. lightroom 6 being 64 bit only will be an issue