Re: Next Lightroomrequires ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Next Lightroomrequires 64bit
Message-ID<sandman-339cd49a17f927e3978b5a3601e94971@individual.net>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (17h & 36m)

In article <310120152116511047%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam wrote:

Sandman
I *WONDERED* what happened to your browser. I did *NOT* "blame" neither you nor your browser.

You were an asshole without a valid reason.

nospam
nope. i always have a valid reason to be an asshole :)

Sandman
Not this time. Many times you do, when people are being rude to you. But this time I wasn't and you responded by being a complete ass.

nospam
nope.

once again, this has *nothing* whatsofucking ever to do with my browser or anyone elses browser (nor could it). you are completely ignorant about the issue.

Even so - I did NOT *blame* YOU, OR your browser. I was *WONDERING* This is English. You were an asshole without me being rude.

Sandman
The only data we have suggest that up to 12% of W7 users may be on 32 bit. I don't know how reliable that data is, and no other stats site I found have the W7 versions separated, unfortunately.

nospam: it's completely irrelevant.

Incorrect.

nospam
it's not relevant no matter how much you argue otherwise.

Sandman
It is not irrelevant no matter how much you protest.

nospam
it's not relevant no matter how much you say it is.

Rinse and repeat.

Sandman
nospam: nothing that matters or adobe wouldn't have done it.

You keep saying that, based on no data what so ever. So more hot air from you.

nospam
it's common sense.

Sandman
I.e. you have no data, only empty claims, like I said.

nospam
it's not an empty claim just because you say it is.

prove it wrong or stfu.

It's your claim, prove it correct or shut the fuck up.

Sandman
nospam: the number of people who run win7 on older 32 bit hardware is very low, particularly adobe users, close enough to zero to be considered zero.

Based on no actual data, of course, just assumption.

nospam: it's not an assumption.

Since you have presented no data, it is an assumption by definition.

Present data and make it more than an assumption.

nospam
ask microsoft. this is well known.

Sandman
I.e. you have no data to support your position, like I said. Only hot air.

nospam
it's *well* known

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

Sandman
nospam: you did a quickie search and pick the first result, one which is totally irrelevant.

Incorrect. I am an Adobe user and a Steam user. I am not the only one, logically.

nospam
you're in a minority.

Sandman
Another claim from you without data to support it. You're up to what, ten of those claims in this thread alone?

nospam
as opposed to you declaring something and then expecting everyone to believe it?

This has not happened.

there is one thing where there is *extensive* data: you're full of shit.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

i didn't say there's *no* overlap.

Sandman
"Totally irrelevant" suggests there is no overlap. "Not very relevant" might be a more apt description for your position. You keep making explicit claims you can't back up.

nospam
that's nothing more than word games and i backed it up anyway.

Incorrect.

i said adobe's customers and steam's customers are worlds apart and that is correct.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

do you have proof to the contrary? nope? then stfu.

It's not my claim, it's yours. You have to prove it.

nowhere did i say it was zero overlap.

You made a claim without presenting data. Prove it or shut the fuck up.

i have *zero* problems finding excellent restaurants.

Sandman
You have thus far been 100% unable to do so in that area.

nospam
how the fuck would you know what types of restaurants i find? answer: you don't.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

i'll say it again, it's not hard to find good restaurants, whether it's nearby or on a trip. it just takes a little research, research which you refuse to do.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

here's a hint: you don't just put in 'good restaurants' into a search engine and hope to get useful results.

Sandman
Yes, you have been 100% unsuccessful to outline a research method that would find good restaurants in that area. I know.

nospam
i don't need to outline anything.

You made the claim. Prove it or shut the fuck up.

prove that steam customer usage is identical to adobe.

Sandman
I would, if I had claimed they were. As it is, I haven't.

nospam
you cited it as evidence, despite it being completely irrelevant.

I cited it as data about Windows 7 32bit usage, which it is.

oh right, there is no such proof.

Sandman
Just as there is no proof that they are "*worlds* different", which is more hot air from you.

nospam
nothing hot air about it.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

Sandman
nospam: adobe knows *exactly* what their customer base is far better than you or anyone else does and they would not drop 32 bit support if it made a difference. it doesn't.

it's a complete non-issue.

A claim from you based on exactly no data.

nospam
it's common sense.

Sandman
Again, no data. What you call "common sense" is irrelevant to the explicit claim that requires data to support it.

nospam
if i said the sky is blue, you'd want data to support it, despite everyone knowing the sky is blue.

The fact whether the sky is blue can be seen by anyone. The supposed fact that Adobe customers and Steam users are "worlds apart" is not observable by looking out the window.

You made the claim. Prove it or shut the fuck up.

why the hell would adobe shoot themselves in the foot? the may not be perfect, but they're not that stupid.

Sandman
No one has claimed they would shoot themselves in the foot.

nospam
then their decision to drop 32 bit support is a complete non-issue, as i said long ago.

I haven't even claimed it *is* an issues, I said in the OP that I was wondering how many Lightroom users that would be left out of Lightroom 6. You then made the incorrect claim that Lightroom 5 is 64 bit, and then offered a lot of hot air about how it's a "non-issue" without any data to support a single statement you've made.

you, however, is a different story.

Sandman
Yes, I work with facts, support and substantiation for my claims, and I don't make explicit claims I can't support. That's your department.

nospam
you work with facts you make up as you go along and you consistently make claims you can't support.

State one single claim I've made in this thread that I have been unable to support. Quote it.

I.e. Prove it or shut the fuck up.

-- Sandman

nospam (17h & 36m)