Re: Next Lightroomrequires ...

Tzortzakakis Dimitris
SubjectRe: Next Lightroomrequires 64bit
FromTzortzakakis Dimitris
Date01/31/2015 17:10 (01/31/2015 18:10)
Message-ID<maiupm$p93$1@mouse.otenet.gr>
FollowsMayayana

On 30/1/2015 4:31 μμ, Mayayana wrote:

Mayayana
| Agreed, still curious though. One has already replied that he's using Windows XP, | so... |

I'd probably want 64-bit if I were doing a lot with big photos. Though my ladyfriend, the real photographer in this operation, is also using XP-32, with PSP16 and Aftershot Pro. She's also got a top-of-the-line Epson printer. So far, at least, she's not having any problems with functionality or drivers. I'm tempted to switch her box out with my Win7-64 behemoth, if only to get the speed-up on memory/calculation intensive operations with very large photos. But going from XP to 7 is no small job, so as long as she doesn't need it I'll hold off.

My friend, has her nephew's old core2quad machine, which had winXP and was having blue screens all the time.With the help of a little programm, and the generous help from guys in a forum, I could find that it was the graphic card, so we got a new one, but only drivers for win7! So, I installed win 7 32 bit and everything's smooth since the, Although it has only 2GB of memory, but as it's DDR2 the sticks are rare and expensive, so it's the only way. And if you ask why not get a complete new machine, we recently got a new AMD A6 machine for the bookshop and she said her husband would kill us both if she needed another new machine, so I had to patch it up the best way I could.