SubjectRe: Next Lightroomrequires 64bit
Message-ID<sandman-d2cc79e8b19eb3d3ba8347abf9a3e66a@individual.net>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (28m) > Sandman

In article <300120150924574340%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam wrote:

nospam
Sandman: <http://tinyurl.com/nn9sde8>

Sandman
nospam: that link is *not* the same as the above, which is *exactly* why tinyurl is *bad* and should never be used, as it doesn't necessarily go to where the user says it does.

in the case of the above, it goes through an ad-tracker which can be blocked (and often is).

That's really odd, it doesn't for me, and using tinyurl's preview function:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/nn9sde8

Shows it pointing directly at Adobe's site. I wonder what happened to your browser when you clicked it. Odd!

nospam
it's not my browser. you are once again, clueless.

NIce, always revert to being an asshole in spite of me saying nothing rude to you.

the tinyurl you gave links to this: <http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-6154686-10503029?sid=i5jnjckw980002cl0082j &url=https%3A%2F%2Fblogs.adobe.com%2Flightroomjournal%2F2015%2F01%2Fupda te-on-os-support-for-next-version-of-lightroom.html>

dpbolvw.net is an ad-tracking site.

As you can see above, this is false. Something is wrong at your end at the looks of it.

Sandman
Yeah, I was thinking more about the Windows folks

nospam
there is no difference for windows folks.

lightroom 5 requires win7 or later, as does lightroom 6, which means anyone who can run lr5 can run lr6.

Lightroom 6 will require Windows 7 *64bit*. According to Steam stats, 12% of Windows 7 users are still at 32bit, but since most gamers are more likely to use 64bit I bet real-world numbers are a bit higher.

Sandman
Agreed, still curious though. One has already replied that he's using Windows XP, so...

nospam
one who said he isn't an adobe customer, which reinforces adobe's decision to not support xp, something they've done since version *4*.

Which has not been in contention.

if someone hasn't upgraded from xp, they're certainly not going to be buying new software. why waste time supporting it?

Who said they should?

-- Sandman