Re: Google Copying Apple......

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Google Copying Apple.....Almost as bad as Samsung
FromAlan Baker
Date06/29/2014 03:39 (06/28/2014 18:39)
Message-ID<lonqo5$fl2$1@news.datemas.de>
FollowsPuffin Killer
FollowupsPuffin Killer (12h & 22m)
Puffin Killer (5d, 21h & 41m) > Alan Baker

On 2014-06-29 01:25:58 +0000, Puffin Killer said:

Puffin Killer
"Alan Baker" wrote in message news:lonmq6$9hu$1@news.datemas.de...

On 2014-06-28 21:45:38 +0000, Puffin Killer said:

Apple Fan Not

On 2014-06-26 12:15:40 +0000, Apple Fan Not said:

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:21:46 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

The following was what Google presented at their IO conference.

Odd that you don't mention a thing about all the iPhone 6 rumors

concerning a larger size form. Larger, as in what Samsung and other

Android phones have had for years.

I'll bet that if iPhone 6 comes in a 5" form you fanbois will go ga-ga

over this Apple innovation.

Not really unless they do it better but there is no innovation to make a

screen bigger, it was never innovation by anyone.

You moronic clod.

A bigger screen means engineering optimizations, such as balancing

battery life and size of screen, durability of materials and not to

mention that Samsung has been trouncing Apple in resolution and screen

quality for along time now.

Innovation? You bet.

There's no innovation to the END USER, you twit, and a larger screen

means a larger case in which one can put a larger battery.

Not necessarily an advantage if the larger screen pulls more power. And, the screen size is not the only piece of geometry that determines battery size. Try thickness too.

All true, but...

In general, a screen's consumption will go up in proportion to its area,

Sounds reasonable Cite?

You can't figure it out from basic logic?

Puffin Killer
So no.

Right. You can't.

and then the larger you make the device, the greater its battery life will be overall

Apple Fan Not
Are you claiming the same size battery will last longer with a larger screen?

No. I'm claiming that if you have a device with screen drawing X and other components drawing Y, then a screen N times as big will allow a battery N times as big and that the draw of the whole device won't double.

X + Y < 2X +Y.

Puffin Killer
Cite? No?

I need to cite that?

If X + Y requires N energy, then 2X + Y requires LESS than 2N. So if you have a device with twice the space (because the screen is twice as big), you get more battery life.

This is obvious stuff... ...for people of at least average intelligence.

-)

You didn't profit al all from the -hh lessons. At least he researches what he spouts about.

Amusing though.

Apple Fan Not
I quote you: "if you hold the other components constant (CPU, etc),"

(imagine a phone with the same electronics except for a 3' diagonal screen).

So why aren't TV's made that way.

Made what way?

Puffin Killer
Not smart enough to understand a simple question?

I'm asking you for a clarification. To what does "that" refer?

Apple Fan Not
I ask these questions because I'm not an electronics expert, but today you are.

I'm by comparison to you an expert...

Puffin Killer
Didn't I say you were? Didn't I say I wasn't? Can't you understand English?

LOL

Apple Fan Not
...but that's actually damning with faint praise.

Puffin Killer
?

Well it was fairly obvious you wouldn't understand that...

-)