Re: They may have to settle...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: They may have to settle for an Android phone...
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date03/18/2014 18:45 (03/18/2014 12:45)
Message-ID<borf2kF4lfrU3@mid.individual.net>
Followssms

On 2014-03-18 17:05:14 +0000, sms said:

sms
On 3/18/2014 9:35 AM, Nashton wrote:

<snip>

Nashton
In spite of all this, the response time of the iPhone screen is much faster than that of even the best Android phones and the GUI is preferred by many.

sms
If those two issues were the only considerations then Android would not have such a huge market share.

Nashton
I would, OTOH, make sure that I had an extended warranty on the thing, because from personal experience and from discussing with others, it's the most unreliable phone on the market.

sms
Well I haven't seen data on that, but judging from those in my own extended family with each type of phone it's certainly got its share of failures. I was just at a family party on Sunday and my adult niece was struggling with the used Android phone she had just acquired. She's a big iPhone fan so I asked her where her iPhone was. She said that it was powering on and off randomly and that it was out of warranty and that the Genius Bar couldn't solve the problem but she still had ten months before she qualified for a new subsidized phone on AT&T. While I'm not a big fan of extended warranties, I think that maybe on a $600 phone they are worthwhile whether it's an iPhone or a high-end Android phone. Now her old iPhone has no resale value either.

I've seen the data, Nashton is just spouting sour grapes.

-- Lloyd