Re: They may have to settle...

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
SubjectRe: They may have to settle for an Android phone...
FromI hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
Date03/16/2014 19:40 (03/16/2014 21:40)
Message-ID<lg4r6t$svj$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsFlint
FollowupsNashton (6h & 54m)

On 3/16/14, 8:45, Flint wrote:

Flint
On 3/15/2014 11:23 PM, Lloyd E Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-03-16 01:57:45 +0000, Flint said:

Flint
On 3/14/2014 8:16 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
On 2014-03-14 21:14:21 +0000, Flint said:

Flint
On 3/14/2014 2:11 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
...but people really want iPhones. :-)

Flint
riiight. that's why I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note III on the verizon edge program and will be upgrading to an LG G3 phablet in a few months

Alan Baker
How does what YOU do change what people in emerging markets want?

Flint
if v 'emerging markets', you're simply referring to BRIC markets, perhaps you have point. BUT, this is the good ole US, and the success Samsung has had getting the phablet phone to take off simply refutes your blanket claim that people "really want iPhones."

Lloyd E Parsons
I wonder if the emerging markets are smarter than you. I mean how fscking dumb do you have to be to pay the same rate I do for a subsidized phone plan, AND pay full retail for your new gear? There has not been a single review of Verizon's Edge program that hasn't pointed out what a hosing the customer is getting.

Flint
Well I suppose going the edge rote kinda blows a hole in Alan's theory that android uers are poorer than iphone nuts and spend less on thir phones, huh?

It's not a theory. I've seen a map for android and iphone users from the local carriers. Most iphone users live in the affluent downtown area whereas android users typically a banned to the city outskirts. (Mind you, I live in a place where iphones are not sold officially, they are mostly gray imports)

It seems that we finally have a market share between idevices and android shitwares. It was good and rosy when the smartphone universe expanded. Now that it's a saturated market android share will likely keep declining as the great unwashed masses are slowly learning they've been had (again).

In the US and outside the US. It's worldwide, the question is only the fine tune of the local shit detector in the populace.

I would not go as far as to day android will go completely dead but it does not look good for google-samsung long term.

Nashton (6h & 54m)