Re: They may have to settle...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: They may have to settle for an Android phone...
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date03/16/2014 04:23 (03/15/2014 22:23)
Message-ID<bokjouFl9joU1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsFlint
FollowupsFlint (2h & 20m) > Lloyd E Parsons
Flint (2h & 22m) > Lloyd E Parsons

On 2014-03-16 01:57:45 +0000, Flint said:

Flint
On 3/14/2014 8:16 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
On 2014-03-14 21:14:21 +0000, Flint said:

Flint
On 3/14/2014 2:11 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
...but people really want iPhones. :-)

Flint
riiight. that's why I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note III on the verizon edge program and will be upgrading to an LG G3 phablet in a few months

Alan Baker
How does what YOU do change what people in emerging markets want?

Flint
if v 'emerging markets', you're simply referring to BRIC markets, perhaps you have point. BUT, this is the good ole US, and the success Samsung has had getting the phablet phone to take off simply refutes your blanket claim that people "really want iPhones."

I wonder if the emerging markets are smarter than you. I mean how fscking dumb do you have to be to pay the same rate I do for a subsidized phone plan, AND pay full retail for your new gear? There has not been a single review of Verizon's Edge program that hasn't pointed out what a hosing the customer is getting.

-- Lloyd

Flint (2h & 20m) > Lloyd E Parsons
Flint (2h & 22m) > Lloyd E Parsons