Re: MacBook Pro's at JPL

Nobody (Edwin)
SubjectRe: MacBook Pro's at JPL
FromNobody (Edwin)
Date08/24/2013 18:38 (08/24/2013 11:38)
Message-ID<kvanhn$bk$1@news.albasani.net>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy
FollowsAlan Baker

On 8/22/2013 1:33 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kv5lc5$km3$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <nobody@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody (Edwin)
On 8/21/2013 10:28 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kv3pc5$aca$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <nobody@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody (Edwin)
On 8/21/2013 8:16 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kv3ojg$83u$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <nobody@invalid.com>wrote:

but there you are: assuming they are "fancy, overpriced toys".

Nobody (Edwin)
I assumed nothing.

Alan Baker
Sure you did.

Nobody (Edwin)
Incorrect.

Alan Baker
You assumed Macs are "fancy, overpriced toys"

Nobody (Edwin)
I see you subscribe to the notion one can make a thing true by repeating it enough times.

Alan Baker
That would be you.

Nobody (Edwin)
I know you are but what am I? Is that the best you can do?

Alan Baker
when the evidence is that they are the choice of those who really need good computing: literally in this case, rocket scientists.

Nobody (Edwin)
Your assumptions are not evidence of any kind. You haven't shown who at the JPL is buying Macs, nor shown anything but their contempt for the taxpayers who foot their bills.

Alan Baker
Sorry, but unless you can prove your underlying assumption, it shows nothing of the kind.

Nobody (Edwin)
When are you going to prove your "underlying assumption" that buying Macs proves Macs are needed? Or what you ignored, proving that "rocket scientists" are buying Macs because they need "good computing?"

Alan Baker
That is the normal assumption, Edwin: that people buy things because they find them useful.

Nobody (Edwin)
At least you finally admit you're only making assumptions.

Alan Baker
Everyone makes assumptions, Edwin.

Yet another of your assumptions.

Mine are just the logical assumptions.

The only "logic" expressed by your assumptions are logical fallacies, such as circular reasoning.

YOU have to show that it shouldn't apply in this case.

Nobody (Edwin)
I noticed you regularly issue commands to others as if you have some sort of authority.

Here's one for you:

YOU have to show YOUR assumptions have any reason to be taken seriously.

Alan Baker
Sorry, but your assumption is less logical.

I made no assumption.