Re: MacBook Pro's at JPL

Nobody (Edwin)
SubjectRe: MacBook Pro's at JPL
FromNobody (Edwin)
Date08/22/2013 02:51 (08/21/2013 19:51)
Message-ID<kv3nb1$5vs$1@news.albasani.net>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsAlan Baker (9m) > Nobody (Edwin)

On 8/21/2013 7:28 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kv3k46$sqa$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <nobody@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody (Edwin)
On 8/21/2013 5:21 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kv31la$ool$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <nobody@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody (Edwin)
On 8/5/2013 3:03 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <ktmekq$6pe$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <invalid@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody
Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <ktji4m$io0$2@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <invalid@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody
Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <jvoa4p$s1e$1@news.albasani.net>, Nobody <invalid@invalid.com>wrote:

Nobody
On 8/6/2012 1:48 AM, Mike wrote:

Mike
Quite a few around the control room at JPL.

Oh wait, the trolls say Macs are only for graphics!

Nobody
US tax payers can be happy their money is buying some nice toys.

Alan Baker
Riiiight.

Because magically, the Mac is exempt from cost-cutting at NASA.

LOL

Nobody
So you're saying there isn't a lot of Macs at the JPL?

Alan Baker
I'm saying that despite budget cuts there are clearly people at JPL who value having a Mac enough to spend the money.

Nobody
So they are spending tax payer money on fancy toys, in spite of your claim budget cuts prevent this.

Alan Baker
Your statements are based on a false premise which itself is based on your biases.

Nobody (Edwin)
My statements are based on what you wrote.

Alan Baker
Since you don't like Macs, you assume they're "fancy toys".

Nobody (Edwin)
You have it backwards. Since Macs are fancy, overpriced toys, you assume I don't like them.

Alan Baker
Sorry,

Nobody (Edwin)
You ought to be!

Alan Baker
but there you are: assuming they are "fancy, overpriced toys".

Nobody (Edwin)
I assumed nothing.

Alan Baker
Sure you did.

Incorrect.

The simpler conclusion is that if people are still buying Macs when there is a cash crunch, it's probably because they value them highly for their needs.

Nobody (Edwin)
More likely it's because they don't value the taxpayers' hard-earned money as much as they do their fancy toys.

Alan Baker
Based on your prior assumptions...

Nobody (Edwin)
Incorrect.

Strange that a Canadian is justifying the spending of U.S. tax dollars...

Did your fingers get too tired to type a response?

Alan Baker
I noted that people who have the means to choose whatever tool works best for them... ...are choosing Macs in larger numbers.

Point out the place you noted that. Your unsupported assumption was simply that people at the JPL must need Macs because they're using U.S. taxpayer money to buy them, in spite of claiming they weren't immune to budget cuts.

:-)

You forgot to explain why you're justifying the spending of U.S. tax dollars, smiley. The obvious answer is you're a paid Apple shill.