Re: Add to our coffers...

Lloyd
SubjectRe: Add to our coffers...
FromLloyd
Date08/04/2013 17:32 (08/04/2013 10:32)
Message-ID<lloydparsons-F37F1E.10324904082013@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowsNashton

In article <ktlraa$9gi$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.com> wrote:

Nashton
On 8/4/2013 12:03 PM, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <ktlpnm$5b8$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.com> wrote:

Nashton
On 8/4/2013 10:41 AM, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <df7bf6ee-9cdd-4efa-9735-ac92a30d7859@googlegroups.com>, KDT <scarface_74@yahoo.com>wrote:

KDT
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 8:34:12 AM UTC-4, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
I expect that utter nutjob KDT to post this nonsense, but you?

Have you seen the price delta between Apple and other offerings, fanguuurl?

$50/year for 100 GBs rather than $100 for 50 GBs?

Plus, Apple's iCloud is a freaking MESS from top to bottom.

KDT
So in your personal experience with your Windows Phone, how have you found iCloud lacking?

Lloyd
Tut tut, you weren't supposed to remember he didn't have an iPhone! :)

That said, he did use it from his Macs. Probably still does.

Nashton
Drop box/Skydrive, Google contacts/calendar that syncs with outlook.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

KDT
Can you back up your entire Android device to Google Drive and restore it to another device (answer = no)

Lloyd
Yeah, I found that out when I got the Nook HD+. I had thought a simple thing to bring the HD+ up and running would be just backup and restore from the HD. Nope, not possible.

Nashton
I don't own a stupid Android device. I own a Windows 8 phone.

Educate your sorry ass:

http://www.wpcentral.com/backing-and-restoring-personal-data-windows-phone- 8

Lloyd
I know you have a win8 phone, I probably would've ended up with one if Verizon had one I liked. At the time, they didn't.

Nashton
What was it you didn't like about their offerings? The color?

The model you recommended wasn't available on Verizon at the time and it was the only one that I liked. Win8 phones represent a very narrow range of models you know. Better than it was, still narrow compared to Android.

What, they didn't have it in pink, Lloyd?

I don't give a shit about color.

Lloyd
In hindsight it turns out that it is a good thing I didn't though.

Nashton
Of course it was ;)

Lloyd
One of the primary uses for my phone is as a golf gps. The very best apps are from Golfshot imo and they are not yet available on Win8 phones.

Nashton
http://www.windows8appstore.com/windowsphone/social-golf-tour-golf-gps/40497.h tml

Are you still happy you didn't get one?

Yep. I use Golfshot's PGA Tour Caddy and it is superb. I've seen nothing on any platform that is better or even as good. That one you pointed out looks pretty good.

Lloyd
I've seen some good reviews of Win8 phones, almost all pretty positive, but missing app availability has been noted as an issue. Time should solve that assuming Win8 phones can survive.

Nashton
I see. I just pointed out that this is not the case. Right. We all keep our phones for 10+ years and if Nokia ever goes belly up, the phone would have ceased functionning.

<rolls eyes>

You pointed to one app. There are still shortages of app selection in Win8 phones. Hell it is even noted by many Win8 phone fans.

Lloyd
But I could do that very thing when I got my iPad Mini. Backed up the iPad 1, restored and upgraded to the Mini and later to the iPhone 5. Quite simple and elegant. Kind of explains why the iOS devices are worth more doesn't it?

Nashton
Apple must be happy it got a sucker like you to pay for a device with 5 year old screen technology on which they make a hefty 35-40% profit margin. Shame on you, you could have bought a real iPad and made more money for the mother ship, Lloyd.

Lloyd
I hope Apple is happy, I know I am!

Nashton
Sure you are. Your a freaking fanguurl, Lloyd.

Lloyd
With my iPad Mini, Nook HD, HD+ and other readers I'm one happy camper. The iPad Mini is more than good enough for what I wanted it for.

Nashton
But you paid out of the nose for something that would have had the same functionality as your iPad mini had you chosen a cheaper device. There's no winning with you fanguurls, is there? You paid an exorbitant amount for something that is overpriced, when you could have bought something much cheaper!

Hello, logic!

No, I paid a good price for an excellent product. I've also bought some of the cheaper android devices and it is readily apparent why they are cheaper.

Lloyd
Nice that I have such good choices available, and notice I don't have to incessantly bitch about any of them! Hell, I don't even bitch about Win8 much!

Nashton
I have many devices, also. Most of them are used for the office to do online charting via a web browser, bought dirt cheap.

My main tablet is an RT which kicks the pants of any Apple tablet I've had the mispleasure to use.

Utter crap! There has been no review anywhere that indicates that the RT devices are anything but crap. And it shows in the sales!

And I'm glad you're going for a fish cook. I'm actually on my way to dig some clams on the island for the BBQ tonight. Better stay away from this ng for a few hours, Lloyd. I'm getting tired of shooting down your convoluted logic and moving targets with every one of your posts.

Why should I stay away, you haven't shot down a damned thing except in your own mind.

Lloyd
Now back to your bitch-a-thon! I'm leaving for a fish fry in a bit, I may miss some of it...