Re: Add to our coffers...

Lloyd
SubjectRe: Add to our coffers...
FromLloyd
Date08/04/2013 17:03 (08/04/2013 10:03)
Message-ID<lloydparsons-59F612.10033404082013@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsNashton (14m) > Lloyd
Jay Songbird (3h & 31m) > Lloyd

In article <ktlpnm$5b8$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.com> wrote:

Nashton
On 8/4/2013 10:41 AM, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <df7bf6ee-9cdd-4efa-9735-ac92a30d7859@googlegroups.com>, KDT <scarface_74@yahoo.com>wrote:

KDT
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 8:34:12 AM UTC-4, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
I expect that utter nutjob KDT to post this nonsense, but you?

Have you seen the price delta between Apple and other offerings, fanguuurl?

$50/year for 100 GBs rather than $100 for 50 GBs?

Plus, Apple's iCloud is a freaking MESS from top to bottom.

KDT
So in your personal experience with your Windows Phone, how have you found iCloud lacking?

Lloyd
Tut tut, you weren't supposed to remember he didn't have an iPhone! :)

That said, he did use it from his Macs. Probably still does.

Nashton
Drop box/Skydrive, Google contacts/calendar that syncs with outlook.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

KDT
Can you back up your entire Android device to Google Drive and restore it to another device (answer = no)

Lloyd
Yeah, I found that out when I got the Nook HD+. I had thought a simple thing to bring the HD+ up and running would be just backup and restore from the HD. Nope, not possible.

Nashton
I don't own a stupid Android device. I own a Windows 8 phone.

Educate your sorry ass:

http://www.wpcentral.com/backing-and-restoring-personal-data-windows-phone-8

I know you have a win8 phone, I probably would've ended up with one if Verizon had one I liked. At the time, they didn't.

In hindsight it turns out that it is a good thing I didn't though. One of the primary uses for my phone is as a golf gps. The very best apps are from Golfshot imo and they are not yet available on Win8 phones.

I've seen some good reviews of Win8 phones, almost all pretty positive, but missing app availability has been noted as an issue. Time should solve that assuming Win8 phones can survive.

Lloyd
But I could do that very thing when I got my iPad Mini. Backed up the iPad 1, restored and upgraded to the Mini and later to the iPhone 5. Quite simple and elegant. Kind of explains why the iOS devices are worth more doesn't it?

Nashton
Apple must be happy it got a sucker like you to pay for a device with 5 year old screen technology on which they make a hefty 35-40% profit margin. Shame on you, you could have bought a real iPad and made more money for the mother ship, Lloyd.

I hope Apple is happy, I know I am! With my iPad Mini, Nook HD, HD+ and other readers I'm one happy camper. The iPad Mini is more than good enough for what I wanted it for.

Nice that I have such good choices available, and notice I don't have to incessantly bitch about any of them! Hell, I don't even bitch about Win8 much!

Now back to your bitch-a-thon! I'm leaving for a fish fry in a bit, I may miss some of it...

Nashton (14m) > Lloyd
Jay Songbird (3h & 31m) > Lloyd