Re: Pretty cool...

Lewis
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
FromLewis
Date06/28/2013 02:30 (06/28/2013 00:30)
Message-ID<slrnkspmj4.c7a.g.kreme@mbp55.local>
FollowupsAlan Baker (22m)
Sandman (4h & 47m) > Lewis

In message <mr-E8C4A0.06544625062013@News.Individual.NET> Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <kqa0ed$ik0$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca> wrote:

Steve de Mena
Are you going to buy a new Mac Pro, and if so, what would you use it for?

Nashton
RAW photo editing with LR and CS. Huge RAW files to crunch through.

Sandman
Any examples? My Macbook Air chews through 36MP (Nikon D800) RAW files like a hot knife through butter.

Nashton
OTOH, I can build my own PC for a fraction of what this cylindrical iteration of the Apple Cube will cost.

Sandman
What will this "Apple Cube" cost, now again?

The guesses for the high-end version they showed are north of US$4,000.

-- the nasty little sound of a sword being unsheathed right behind one at just the point when one thought one had disposed of one's enemies [...] It was that kind of laugh. --Equal Rites

Alan Baker (22m)
Sandman (4h & 47m) > Lewis