Re: Pretty cool...

Nashton
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
FromNashton
Date06/26/2013 18:47 (06/26/2013 13:47)
Message-ID<kqf5u7$i4j$3@speranza.aioe.org>
FollowsJ. Bird Song
FollowupsAlan Baker (1m)

On 06-24-13 6:36 PM, J. Bird Song wrote:

J. Bird Song
"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net>wrote in message news:alangbaker-B7CE0E.13275924062013@news.shawcable.net...

Alan Baker
In article <kqa84d$7mv$1@dont-email.me>, "J. Bird Song" <JBSong@gmail.com>wrote:

J. Bird Song
"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net>wrote in message news:alangbaker-0AD29C.10382424062013@news.shawcable.net...

Alan Baker
In article <f9ebec4c-f8bf-451c-b7f4-c7aa8f078b87@googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

J. Bird Song
On a serious note:

On a structural redo or addition, an architect is needed and they draw the plans which are submitted to a building inspector. It's not a simple matter of "I think we can throw a 2 x 4 in here" as I'm sure you're aware of.

On a simple interior upgrade, Kitchen / bathroom, usually this stuff is laid out with dedicated CAD software - like at Lowes or Home depot or high end cabinet operations. And that works great.

On a complex interior structural redo, moving load bearing walls etc., again, an architect is needed, who supplies the prints etc.

Alan Baker
And charges for it... ...a lot more than is necessary.

Professionals don't charge what is...necessary. They charge what the market can bear. Another dumb comment, on a serious note.