Re: Pretty cool...

gaztronomical@googlemail.com
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
Fromgaztronomical@googlemail.com
Date06/24/2013 22:25 (06/24/2013 13:25)
Message-ID<c78f0938-af8f-4562-bace-d75a387e71b6@googlegroups.com>
FollowsNashton

On Monday, June 24, 2013 6:42:40 PM UTC+1, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 06-23-13 9:16 AM, Steve de Mena wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 6/14/13 4:02 PM, Flint wrote:

Flint
On 6/14/2013 5:50 PM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <56fc85cd-6d56-42d1-80c3-632b3483f37e@googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

ed
On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:07:27 PM UTC-7, Gary wrote: ...

Gary
This is now proving that no longer do people have to follow the big noisysquare box in order to have a powerful pc.

ed
this was never something that needed to be 'proven' - it's been plenty evident. the primary reason for a big square box is internal expandability, and apple has essentially said, yeah, we don't think that's a big deal.

Sandman
Well, at least they're not saying that expandability isn't a big deal...

Flint
True. Frankly, this new design makes perfect sense (if only from Apple's POV, at the moment), and I see nothing wrong with the design metrics. I suspect that in a year or two, the PC market will follow suit in some form or another. In some respects, things like Intel's NUC and Gigabyte's BRIX units have already started down a similar path. I suspect this new Mac might finally spur some PC vendors to take thunderbolt/thunderbolt2 more seriously.

Steve de Mena
Are you going to buy a new Mac Pro, and if so, what would you use it for?

Steve

Nashton
RAW photo editing with LR and CS. Huge RAW files to crunch through. OTOH, I can build my own PC for a fraction of what this cylindrical iteration of the Apple Cube will cost. And a comment for Flint: That's a big "if." It remains to be seen if TB will catch on or whether it will remain out of the sphere of the power user/pro just as SCSI is for servers.

Your referring to price Nashton, you have to pay a bit more for quality bud.

When will you learn, you own macs so you should understand by now. YES, you can build a pc if you want but you only do that if you don't care about the outcome.

Were talking about an innovation in design and power, not another square box on the floor with 4 fans in to keep it cool cause it gets too hot trying to play COD.

Internal storage is a thing of the past, The Mac Pro has 1 Fan to keep it cool and the external storage can breathe as it's not trapped in an enclosed space.

The computer industry is in for a change because Apple is forcing it to. Putting powerful sexy machines in the market is a lot more appealing than the legacy design from yesteryear.