Re: Pretty cool...

Nashton
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
FromNashton
Date06/15/2013 03:35 (06/14/2013 22:35)
Message-ID<kpggc1$v7t$4@speranza.aioe.org>
FollowsZnU
FollowupsSandman (6h & 15m)

On 6/14/2013 3:09 AM, ZnU wrote:

ZnU
In article <mr-2DD728.07342514062013@News.Individual.NET>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

As far as the lack of internal drive bays... maybe that is a bother for some users, but in pro video individual projects are so large that it makes more sense to use SAN storage or external RAID boxes than to rotate projects on and off of internal drives. The machines in our suites are already SSD-only internally -- system, apps and scratch go there, everything else is external.

Sandman
Whoa, welcome back, ZnU. Have you been lurking all these years? :)

ZnU
Not really. I've mostly been over in the Ars Technica forums.

Sandman
I've tried them on for size, but I just can't get comfortable with web forums. Mostly I think it's because I can't set up filtering and the UI is different for every single forum, including the way you have to markup your posts in order to create inks or insert media.

I'm on several web based forums and that's never been an issue for me.

Sandman (6h & 15m)