Re: Pretty cool...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
Message-ID<mr-D7229C.12451814062013@News.Individual.NET>
FollowsZnU

In article <znu-4664E9.02094314062013@news.eternal-september.org>, ZnU <znu@fake.invalid>wrote:

Sandman
Whoa, welcome back, ZnU. Have you been lurking all these years? :)

ZnU
Not really. I've mostly been over in the Ars Technica forums.

Sandman
I've tried them on for size, but I just can't get comfortable with web forums. Mostly I think it's because I can't set up filtering and the UI is different for every single forum, including the way you have to markup your posts in order to create inks or insert media.

ZnU
Yeah, I've yet to see a web forum interface that's as good as even a halfway decent Usenet client. But, well... the Ars Battlefront and Mac forums are vastly more active than CSMA or CSMS, and while there are, of course, lots clueless Apple detractors there, the ratio of substantive content to content-free trolling is a lot higher than it is here.

Yeah, maybe the content outweigh the substantial drop in usability? I'm unsure...

I'm there now again, lurking. Lots of debate and not too much flat out idiocy. Maybe I'll give it a go, again :)

-- Sandman[.net]