Re: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON T...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON THE NEXT "BIG THING"!!!!
FromAlan Baker
Date06/14/2013 07:09 (06/13/2013 22:09)
Message-ID<alangbaker-39E9F8.22094313062013@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsSteve de Mena

In article <U4mdnex84Ixk6SfMnZ2dnUVZ5oQAAAAA@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 6/13/13 6:05 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <z8-dnUNPlpJshCfMnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 6/12/13 7:13 AM, David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
In article <alangbaker-B0F3F3.19111411062013@news.shawcable.net>, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kp8im1$cto$2@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.com> wrote:

Nashton
On 6/11/2013 3:34 PM, jay birdsong wrote:

jay birdsong
"Alan Baker" wrote in message news:alangbaker-E852F3.10041111062013@news.shawcable.net...

In article <kp73j9$16i$1@dont-email.me>, "jay birdsong" <jaybirdsong@aol.com>wrote:

Alan Baker
NEW APPLE PRO COMING!!!!!!!

But didn't they say that months and months ago?

Did they?

Nashton
Yep, from Cook himself.

Alan Baker
Really? When was that, and what did he say?

David Fritzinger
Sorry, Alan, I hate to agree with Nashton, but Cook did "pre-announce" a new Mac Pro in 2012.

http://macpro.macrumors.com

From the article on this page entitled "Apple Planning 'Something Really Different' for New Mac Pro"

The last paragraph of the article says:

"In mid-2012, after a minor update to the Mac Pro was announced at WWDC, Tim Cook confirmed to a fan that new Mac Pros were coming in 2013, which was later reiterated by an Apple spokesman. It has also been rumored that the new Mac Pro would be the first Apple computer in years to be 'Made in the USA'."

Steve de Mena
Tim actually said he'd have something "really great" for Mac Pro owners in late 2013. His exact words were not that there would be new "Mac Pros". The spokesman confirmed the email was authentic, he didn't reiterate that there would be a new Mac Pro.

Tim:

""Although we didn't have a chance to talk about a new Mac Pro at today's event, don't worry as we're working on something really great for later next year," the Apple CEO said in an email that was confirmed authentic by Apple's public relations team to Macworld. "

Steve

Alan Baker
Right.

"for later next year".

So it refutes the implication by the troll that because it was mentioned some time ago, that the current announcement cannot be trusted to indicate their more imminent arrival.

That's precisely what I was getting at.

Thanks.

:-)

Steve de Mena
"something" was coming later next year. It turned out to be a "Mac Mini Pro", not a "Mac Pro" as we thought of it.

Steve

And? Cook didn't make any statements about WHAT was coming other than he thinks it would "really great" for Mac Pro users. He clearly thinks what they've announced is that. I guess we'll see.

-- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."