Re: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON T...

Sandman
SubjectRe: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON THE NEXT "BIG THING"!!!!
Message-ID<mr-BDAF0D.23124413062013@News.Individual.NET>
Followsed

In article <0af3a33b-d796-4001-a3c3-2caf3fcccf3a@googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

jay birdsong
"Today at WWDC Apple announced a new Mac Pro. We don?t know when it will ship. We don?t know what it will cost. We don?t know what configurations it will come in. We don?t know if it will work. But we do know Apple has promised it."

Steve de Mena
And it's universally praised here in this group, where probably no one besides myself actually has the money to buy or need one.

ed
I really enjoy sitting back and watching the 'I have more money than you' arguments here in this group, but I gotta tell ya steve, 'nobody here can afford a Mac pro but me' is pretty weak sauce. :-)

Steve de Mena
Sorry if the truth hurts. Haven't heard anyone here say they're going to buy this new Mac Pro, just that it's the best thing since sliced bread. I think MacBooks a few generations back are what are typically owned here.

Lloyd
You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass! :) I could afford one of them, I've owned Pros before. I just have no need for what it brings to the table.

Those that actually have a need will buy them as they do have the money and will write off the expense as a business expense.

ed
yeah, i find steve's attitude odd... while $2500 (entry price for a mac pro these days) seems like a lot for a computer these days, the vast majority of us were around a couple decades ago (or much ealier!) when entry level for a decent computer was in the $1500-$2000 range, and upgrading a few mb of ram meant hundreds of dollars. i mean, when i was *super* poor in college i had a $1500 computer, which is close to $2500 in today's money.

Bullshit, only Steve can afford something for that kind of money :-D

-- Sandman[.net]