Re: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON T...

ed
SubjectRe: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON THE NEXT "BIG THING"!!!!
Fromed
Date06/13/2013 22:55 (06/13/2013 13:55)
Message-ID<0af3a33b-d796-4001-a3c3-2caf3fcccf3a@googlegroups.com>
FollowsLloyd
FollowupsSandman (16m)
Steve de Mena (4h & 45m) > ed

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:10:51 PM UTC-7, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <ZbSdndQAtqaGhCfMnZ2dnUVZ5soAAAAA@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 6/12/13 1:34 AM, ed wrote:

On Jun 12, 1:16 am, Steve de Mena <st...@demena.com>wrote:

On 6/11/13 5:06 AM, jay birdsong wrote:

jay birdsong
NEW APPLE PRO COMING!!!!!!! But didn't they say that months and months ago?

Lloyd
=20

jay birdsong
"Today at WWDC Apple announced a new Mac Pro. We don=B9t know when =

it

will ship. We don=B9t know what it will cost. We don=B9t know what configurations it will come in. We don=B9t know if it will work. Bu=

t we

do know Apple has promised it."

And it's universally praised here in this group, where probably no o=

ne

besides myself actually has the money to buy or need one.

I really enjoy sitting back and watching the 'I have more money than you' arguments here in this group, but I gotta tell ya steve, 'nobody here can afford a Mac pro but me' is pretty weak sauce. :-)

Lloyd
=20

Steve de Mena
Sorry if the truth hurts. Haven't heard anyone here say they're going=

=20

to buy this new Mac Pro, just that it's the best thing since sliced=20 bread. I think MacBooks a few generations back are what are typically=

=20

owned here.

Lloyd
=20 You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass! :) I could afford one of them, I've owned Pros before. I just have no need=

=20

for what it brings to the table. =20 Those that actually have a need will buy them as they do have the money=

=20

and will write off the expense as a business expense.

yeah, i find steve's attitude odd... while $2500 (entry price for a mac pr= o these days) seems like a lot for a computer these days, the vast majority= of us were around a couple decades ago (or much ealier!) when entry level = for a decent computer was in the $1500-$2000 range, and upgrading a few mb = of ram meant hundreds of dollars. i mean, when i was *super* poor in colle= ge i had a $1500 computer, which is close to $2500 in today's money.

Sandman (16m)
Steve de Mena (4h & 45m) > ed