Re: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON T...

-hh
SubjectRe: BIG WWDC NEWS!!!!! ON THE NEXT "BIG THING"!!!!
From-hh
Date06/13/2013 04:28 (06/12/2013 19:28)
Message-ID<3e6ae971-6e9e-4817-b351-9301306e7eb5@w8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>
FollowsDavid Fritzinger

On Jun 12, 10:13=A0am, David Fritzinger <dfrit...@nospam.mac.com>wrote:

David Fritzinger
In article <alangbaker-B0F3F3.19111411062...@news.shawcable.net>, =A0Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kp8im1$ct...@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <n...@na.com> wrote:

On 6/11/2013 3:34 PM, jay birdsong wrote:

jay birdsong
"Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message news:alangbaker-E852F3.10041111062013@news.shawcable.net...

In article <kp73j9$16...@dont-email.me>, "jay birdsong" <jaybirds...@aol.com>wrote:

NEW APPLE PRO COMING!!!!!!!

But didn't they say that months and months ago?

Did they?

Yep, from Cook himself.

Alan Baker
Really? When was that, and what did he say?

David Fritzinger
Sorry, Alan, I hate to agree with Nashton, but Cook did "pre-announce" a new Mac Pro in 2012.

Not quite - Cook's statement when pedantically read in full blooded proper english language merely promised a "something" for the Pro customer...which was not necessarily a new Mac Pro. While this is what has apparently come to pass - and was the common media interpretation (as you point out):

http://macpro.macrumors.com

From the article on this page entitled "Apple Planning 'Something Really Different' for New Mac Pro"

The last paragraph of the article says:

"In mid-2012, after a minor update to the Mac Pro was announced at WWDC, Tim Cook confirmed to a fan that new Mac Pros were coming in 2013, which was later reiterated by an Apple spokesman. It has also been rumored that the new Mac Pro would be the first Apple computer in years to be 'Made in the USA'."

...when you go back to the original statements (yes, both), exactly what (ie, IF a Mac Pro by name, etc) was left open for interpretation - particularly int the "clarification" press release. I can dig up the references next week if you want to read the exact verbiage - or you can read the threads on this that have appeared in a few forums, such as the FB 'We Want a New MacPro' page, etc

-hh