Re: Pretty cool...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
FromAlan Baker
Date06/11/2013 18:39 (06/11/2013 09:39)
Message-ID<alangbaker-CFF3B8.09390011062013@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsSteve de Mena
Followupsjay birdsong (1h & 58m) > Alan Baker

In article <9aadnRiQG6fgcSvMnZ2dnUVZ5vGdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 6/10/13 8:27 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

One has to reach around to the back to turn the damn thing on and off?

Alan Baker
You can turn the device. And how often do you want to actually want to turn the device off from the box itself?

Steve de Mena
Right, try turning it with a dozen cables plugged into it. I'm sure we all allow enough slack in our cables to easily spin our machines around 180 degrees.

Or try reaching around something... ...only 6.6" deep.

How often would I actually want to turn the device off from the box itself? Well, when it locks up and won't restart, mostly.

So hardly ever then.

How do you connect multiple monitors to it? Do the Thunderbolt ports double as DisplayPorts?

Alan Baker
Yup. But if you think that means you can use them for one or the other, but not both at the same time, you're wrong.

Steve de Mena
Sounds like there are some odd custom non-upgradeable GPU hocus pocus going on underneath this machine Of course a year from now there will be better models and you'll have to buy those to get the new features as this has no upgrade-ability.

LOL

-- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."