Re: Pretty cool...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
FromAlan Baker
Date06/11/2013 00:15 (06/10/2013 15:15)
Message-ID<alangbaker-2A7952.15154710062013@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsLloyd

In article <lloydparsons-2A29AC.16161510062013@news.eternal-september.org>, Lloyd <lloydparsons@me.com>wrote:

Lloyd
In article <alangbaker-96E833.12250410062013@news.shawcable.net>, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>wrote:

Alan Baker
<http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/>

Up to 12 cores, Xeon E5 processors.

Four channel, DDR3 1866MHz, ECC memory (60GB/s memory bandwidth)

PCIe gen 3 at 40GB/s

Twin AMD FirePro GPUs, able to support up to 3 4K displays.

PCIe-based Flash storage at 2.5 times faster than SATA-based flash.

Up to 36 peripherals at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (6 TB2 ports allowing 6 daisy-chained devices each at 20Gb/s)

Plus 4 USB3, HDMI 1.4, gigabit ethernet, and all ports light up for easier use when you turn the machine.

And 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0

All in a 10" high by 6.5" high cylinder.

Lloyd
While I have no need for the power and flexibility that thing brings to the table, it sure is a looker! Thanks for posting.

No worries.

It does look too cool... ...a pity that I have absolutely no use for one.

-)

-- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."