Re: Pretty cool...

Lloyd
SubjectRe: Pretty cool...
FromLloyd
Date06/10/2013 23:31 (06/10/2013 16:31)
Message-ID<lloydparsons-966329.16314510062013@news.eternal-september.org>
Followsjay birdsong
Followupsjay birdsong (1h & 18m)

In article <kp5fsj$ma3$1@dont-email.me>, "jay birdsong" <jaybirdsong@aol.com>wrote:

jay birdsong
"Lloyd" wrote in message news:lloydparsons-2A29AC.16161510062013@news.eternal-september.org...

In article <alangbaker-96E833.12250410062013@news.shawcable.net>, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>wrote:

Lloyd
<http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/>

Up to 12 cores, Xeon E5 processors.

Four channel, DDR3 1866MHz, ECC memory (60GB/s memory bandwidth)

PCIe gen 3 at 40GB/s

Twin AMD FirePro GPUs, able to support up to 3 4K displays.

PCIe-based Flash storage at 2.5 times faster than SATA-based flash.

Up to 36 peripherals at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (6 TB2 ports allowing 6 daisy-chained devices each at 20Gb/s)

Plus 4 USB3, HDMI 1.4, gigabit ethernet, and all ports light up for easier use when you turn the machine.

And 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0

All in a 10" high by 6.5" high cylinder.

While I have no need for the power and flexibility that thing brings to the table, it sure is a looker!

jay birdsong
Of course, form over function. And on the plus side, you can probably heat your home with it in the winter.

Nah, it isn't form over function, it is form that make great functionality and power look great!

As for heat, well you probably wouldn't want it running in the room you have your RPT TV running in! :)

Lloyd
Thanks for posting.

jay birdsong
He should thank you for replying, he is in dire need of attention.

No less than you. That's why I responded to you.

jay birdsong (1h & 18m)