Re: The Most Advanced OS of...

Lloyd
SubjectRe: The Most Advanced OS of the World...
FromLloyd
Date05/04/2013 19:57 (05/04/2013 12:57)
Message-ID<lloydparsons-813613.12575004052013@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowsLaszlo Lebrun
FollowupsLaszlo Lebrun (18m)

In article <km3e6t$sn2$1@tota-refugium.de>, Laszlo Lebrun <lazlo_lebrun@laszlomail.com>wrote:

Laszlo Lebrun
On 5/4/13 4:27 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <km2gbh$pst$1@tota-refugium.de>, Laszlo Lebrun <lazlo_lebrun@laszlomail.com>wrote:

Laszlo Lebrun
On 5/4/13 8:30 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

You are not really asking as an OSX expert, are you? iTunes became a huge advertising bazaar, unfortunately it's the mandatory single point of contact with any iOS device, call it improvement, I have another opinion, and i am not alone.

Alan Baker
Present one. I use iTunes to sync my iPhone and iPad, and I never see any ads.

Laszlo Lebrun
You are right, the store view is not mandatory, my apologies. so let's start it differently: listen to that user here: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/04/three-things-apple-didnt-get-right-in-itun es-11/ "Seems everyone is just looking at the music stuff. How about the fact you must use iTunes to sync your devices for contacts, pictures etc. That part has been ignored by Apple and is getting worse. Constant errors telling you that a session cannot be estabished to the device when in fact it has. The backups are always failing just to name a few items either not working or very poorly designed. Apple either needs to create a seperate app for syncing devices or fix this one."

While I don't doubt the writer's posting about his issue, I just have never had an issue with backups and such from my various Apple products.

The closest I got was for some period of time, my iPad wouldn't wireless sync to iTunes, had to plug it into the Mac. Saw a few posts about that issue here and there with no actual solution. In the end it must've got fixed as I've not had that issue with my MBP and iPad 1 at all.