Re: The Most Advanced OS of...

Sandman
SubjectRe: The Most Advanced OS of the World...
Message-ID<mr-A8CBF0.08392304052013@News.Individual.NET>
FollowsLaszlo Lebrun

In article <km29o1$50b$1@tota-refugium.de>, Laszlo Lebrun <lazlo_lebrun@laszlomail.com>wrote:

Alan Baker
And it matters whether you actually HIDE the read messages rather than have them sort in the list AFTER the unread ones?

Laszlo Lebrun
Oh yes. Why the hell should I have them always in my way, especially when sorting on an other criterium?

Well, I suppose this is a better form of trolling. Nitpicking, semantic games, misinformation and misinterpretation (that may or may not be due to faulty English comprehension of course).

We have gone from this:

"The inability to filter the view for unread messages is ridiculous in a 6th generation mail app"

In the *context* of "smart folders", to Michel insisting that there should be a button that hides read mail in the application. The reason he is insisting this is because Thunderbird has such a button! It's called "quick filter" and is *hidden by default*. So you have to show the quick filter bar by using a toolbar button and then hover your mouse over the small symbols to find the one that actually means "show only unread messages".

As of now - this is the objective for Mail.app. It need to have this exact functionality, "smart folders" be damned!

Alan proposed a method to achieve this very functionality - hit cmd-alt-F and type "unread", one of the search "results" is "Status: Message is unread", pick that and voila - only unread mail! Now, you can hit the "save" button here to actually create a Smart mailbox that will always show you only unread mail! Isn't that fantastic! Drag that mailbox to the toolbar and you can go to it by hitting cmd-1 (if it's the first in the list!)

The other solution is to actually sort by unread, so that all unread messages comes to the top or the bottom of the list for a quick overview. But no, Michel says nooo, you can't do that, I said "filter"! Well, the quote in the OP said filter, which was in relation to *smart mailboxes*.

So, still ignorant and lacking coherent thoughts throughout, but a better troll than his recent lies and misinformation that have been just jumbled mess of words without interconnected meaning.

-- Sandman[.net]