Re: Google's answer to the ...

Flint
SubjectRe: Google's answer to the iPad3 has just arrived...
FromFlint
Date11/03/2012 05:14 (11/03/2012 00:14)
Message-ID<k725mf$lp6$3@dont-email.me>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsTim Adams (7h & 52m) > Flint

On 11/2/2012 10:28 PM, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Friday, November 2, 2012 8:10:00 PM UTC-4, Flint wrote:

Flint
On 11/2/2012 5:10 PM, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:35:33 PM UTC-4, ed wrote:

ed
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:12:53 AM UTC-7, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:19:43 AM UTC-4, ed wrote:

We will see when the benchmarks come out....

ed
the t604 is a better class, higher clocked fpu, with more cores, than the mali 400, which is known to be an excellent gpu. saying that we'll wait for benchmarks to see if it has good peformance is like saying we'll need to wait for benchmarks to see if a new quad core 3ghz xeon mac pro has better performance than an old core duo mac.

KDT
-----

--------

As I said, wait on the benchmarks. The nexus 10 is not only slower than the latest ipad, it's slower than the iPhone 5.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6426/ipad-4-gpu-performance-analyzed-powervr-sgx-554mp4-under-the-hood

Flint
And Nexus 10 is lighter to carry, has NFC, HDMI, microUSB, and a map

app that *works*...

KDT
There are plenty of map apps on the app store unless you think none of them work...

...except *Apple's*. At least Google's works, and they also have a better voice driven search app that even tells that bitch Siri where to go...

-- "We all should vote 'forward' - just don't vote Barack-ward..."

MFB

Tim Adams (7h & 52m) > Flint