Re: Google's answer to the ...

ed
SubjectRe: Google's answer to the iPad3 has just arrived...
Fromed
Date11/03/2012 03:56 (11/02/2012 19:56)
Message-ID<9387b9ee-2e31-4d1d-b409-92474fb3ed2f@googlegroups.com>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (12m)

On Friday, November 2, 2012 7:51:58 PM UTC-7, Snit wrote:

Snit
On 11/2/12 7:30 PM, in article 1fd5729c-d636-4d9e-ba27-a6d9dc587131@googlegroups.com, "ed" <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

ed
On Friday, November 2, 2012 6:36:22 PM UTC-7, Snit wrote:

On 11/2/12 5:49 PM, in article

slower than the lastet ipad is not the same as unimaginably slow. and you say 'even slower than the iphone 5' like that's super slow- c'mon, you know that's pretty dishonest- the 5 is 2nd on most of those tests. ;D i look at those results, and they show, as i said, an excellent gpu

He did not say what you "quoted" him saying.

nope, but unfortunately, usenet is not a particularly rich medium with the proper formatting to express what we want; the single quote here is used as a paraphrase- that's a old, non standard notation that i learned in a philosophy class long ago; i would prefer italics for emphasis, but hey, what are you going to do on usenet?

Snit
To "italicize" you can underline...

_and_on_Usenet_that_would_look_like_this. The only problem with that is the wrap-around. :)

and it looks retarded, is harder to read and type, and is also non standard, so i don't see that as exactly preferable.

ed
i'm surprised this is the first time you've noticed me doing such. ;D

Snit
I do not read your posts often.

ed
as is, i'm fine with my paraphrasing of "not only slower than...it's slower than..." as 'even slower than...' if kdt has any issues with it, i'm sure he'll bring it up and i'll address it then.

Snit
I think the bottom line here is that the Apple products are faster than the completion. With that said, though, the user experience is not just about speed... but from what I can tell (without much direct experience), iOS products do very well there, too.

sure. as do the high end android devices. strangely enough, i think there can be more than one excellent performing device. ;D

Snit (12m)