Re: Microsoft Surface pre-o...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Microsoft Surface pre-orders sold out - all models
FromAlan Baker
Date10/31/2012 16:14 (10/31/2012 08:14)
Message-ID<alangbaker-9BB82F.08141031102012@news.datemas.de>
FollowsSteve de Mena

In article <QNSdnaUIBYSoiwzNnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 10/30/12 7:46 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <7-WdnbAeQN3XDxLNnZ2dnUVZ_ridnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 10/29/12 9:35 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Where were you when Apple announced iPhone 5 pre-orders were sold out with no numbers given as to how many units "sold out" consisted of?

Love the double standards here!

Steve

Alan Baker
Steve, Steve:

Apple announces numbers with some regularity.

Steve de Mena
Point me to one that documented how many units constituted pre-orders "sold out" when they have proclaimed that.

Steve

Alan Baker
"Apple has revealed the iPhone 5 is on course to become the biggest selling gadget in the firm's history after it revealed two million preorders were placed in just 24 hours on Friday."

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2204514/Apple-reveals-too k-2-MILLION-preorders-iPhone-5-just-24-hours.html>

<http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/09/17iPhone-5-Pre-Orders-Top-Two-Mi llion-in-First-24-Hours.html>

Steve de Mena
Neither of those cite a number which give a total for the "sold out" aspect of it, just a total for the 24 hour period.

"Many found the initial batch of preorders sold out in just an hour". What was that amount in the first hour?

"Initial batch BELIEVED [my emphasis] to have sold out in an hour".

Steve

Yes, Steve. But the number does at least give one a sense of scale.

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook