Re: Google's answer to the ...

Flint
SubjectRe: Google's answer to the iPad3 has just arrived...
FromFlint
Date10/30/2012 17:39 (10/30/2012 12:39)
Message-ID<k6ovrs$fuc$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsNashton

On 10/30/2012 6:44 AM, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 12-10-29 9:34 PM, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Monday, October 29, 2012 5:29:03 PM UTC-4, Flint wrote:

Flint
http://techreport.com/news/23810/google-unveils-new-nexus-devices

The Google Nexus 10 tablet is here running 4.2 Jelly Bean OS,

2560x1600 HD display (I think it's AMOLED),

KDT
So you "think" its AMOLED when the article you linked to said....

"There's no confirmation of rumors that the display uses AMOLED rather

than IPS technology,"

Besides that, Android has never been known to have great graphics

performance.

Nashton
LOL

KDT
I can't imagine how bad the GPU performance will be on this thing.

Flint
$499. The price points smoke Apple for this quality of a display.

KDT
Without actually seeing the display, or knowing anything about the

graphics performance?

Nashton
LOL

" The Samsung-made Nexus 10 just landed in our hands, and we had a little time to take it for a spin. It's no secret that this particular tablet is ready for some serious hand-to-hand combat against the iPad, possessing a rather stunning set of components and solid build quality. First, let's go over the laundry list of specs. The Nexus 10 has a dual-core 1.7GHz dual-core Exynos 5250 under the hood -- these are Cortex-A15 processors -- as well as a Mali T604 GPU and 2GB RAM. There's little doubt in our minds that this is more than sufficient to please power users, especially now that we've had some time to see how incredibly speedy everything is. We were even more impressed than we had anticipated, as the tablet features some of the most detailed and smoothest graphics we've seen.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that the Nexus 10 offers a 2,560 x 1,600 display, which equates to just over 300ppi. For comparison, the new iPad packs a 2,048 x 1,536 panel for a pixel density of 264. Numbers are just numbers, of course, but the "True RGB Real Stripe PLS" screen is definitely one of the nicest we've gazed upon. Pixelation was nearly non-existent, viewing angles were great and colors were amazingly vibrant. It's also supported with Gorilla Glass 2."

Flint
Who would be nuts enough to buy a RetinaLESS $329 iPad mini/iPod Touch

XL when for only $70 more, they can have a 10" HD display greater than

Apple's latest iPad?

KDT
Yeah, so who ever buy

Nashton
The word is "buy's."

a media player that you can fit in your pocket (i.e. the iPod Touch)

instead of a 10" tablet..... I don't think they make armbands large enough for a tablet....

My Playbook, the device you were confused about re email, fits fine in my white coat pocket, my sports jacket breast pocket and thigh pockets.

I'll bet the mini iPad doesn't fit so easily in a jacket or pants pocket... ;OP

-- "We all should vote 'forward' - just don't vote Barack-ward..."

MFB