Re: Google's answer to the ...

Flint
SubjectRe: Google's answer to the iPad3 has just arrived...
FromFlint
Date10/30/2012 07:59 (10/30/2012 02:59)
Message-ID<k6ntsf$56o$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsFDK (5h & 10m)

On 10/29/2012 8:34 PM, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Monday, October 29, 2012 5:29:03 PM UTC-4, Flint wrote:

Flint
http://techreport.com/news/23810/google-unveils-new-nexus-devices

The Google Nexus 10 tablet is here running 4.2 Jelly Bean OS,

2560x1600 HD display (I think it's AMOLED),

KDT
So you "think" its AMOLED when the article you linked to said....

"There's no confirmation of rumors that the display uses AMOLED rather than IPS technology,"

Besides that, Android has never been known to have great graphics performance. I can't imagine how bad the GPU performance will be on this thing.

Flint
$499. The price points smoke Apple for this quality of a display.

KDT
Without actually seeing the display, or knowing anything about the graphics performance?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/29/nexus-10-hands-on-video/

Flint
Who would be nuts enough to buy a RetinaLESS $329 iPad mini/iPod Touch

XL when for only $70 more, they can have a 10" HD display greater than

Apple's latest iPad?

KDT
Yeah, so who ever buy a media player that you can fit in your pocket (i.e. the iPod Touch) instead of a 10" tablet..... I don't think they make armbands large enough for a tablet....

Comparing the iPod touch to a 10" tablet, eh? Talk about 'stretching' it...

-- "We all should vote 'forward' - just don't vote Barack-ward..."

MFB

FDK (5h & 10m)