Re: Microsoft Surface pre-o...

Lewis
SubjectRe: Microsoft Surface pre-orders sold out - all models
FromLewis
Date10/28/2012 11:12 (10/28/2012 10:12)
Message-ID<slrnk8q18r.ipu.g.kreme@mbp55.local>
FollowsSteve de Mena

In message <fYydnW1rVOB3MBbNnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@giganews.com> Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 10/23/12 1:20 PM, Lewis wrote:

Lewis
In message <FJSdnXn3hIWf-RvNnZ2dnUVZ5t-dnZ2d@giganews.com> Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
Anyone surprised?

Lewis
Since there is no information on how many units they sold, not even slightly interested.

Steve de Mena
Not bad for the version 1.0 of a brand new operating system.

Lewis
They sold all 10 preorders? Yeah, impressive. 100,000? Big whoop. 2 million? That would be impressive.

Steve de Mena
Where were you when Apple announced iPhone 5 pre-orders were sold out with no numbers given as to how many units "sold out" consisted of?

They announced 5 million old on the first weekend, which was the only number I paid any attention too.

However, we all know that Apple is reliable in giving sales figures as opposed to, say, Samsung and HP, which effectively lied through their teeth by counting "shipped to retailers" as "sold".

Love the double standards here!

No double standard at all. I don't recall posting anything at all abut Apple selling out pre-orders.

-- Footnote: The calendar of the Theocracy of Muntab counts down, not up. No-one knows why, but it might not be a good idea to hang around and find out.