Re: (Yes, Chance, I'm letti...

Michael
SubjectRe: (Yes, Chance, I'm letting you know): Skip Barber
FromMichael
Date07/01/2012 03:41 (06/30/2012 21:41)
Message-ID<IUNHr.25595$LN.3227@newsfe09.iad>
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsAlan Baker (5m) > Michael

"Alan Baker" wrote in message news:alangbaker-546CA1.17485430062012@news.shawcable.net...

In article <R%MHr.9683$9t4.6325@newsfe17.iad>, "Michael" <ArchangelMichael@aol.com>wrote:

Michael
And I've driven faster, too. Speed in a straight line in competent car takes no work at all.

Alan Baker
HOOT!!! Sure you have. In your little red ladies car?

I've only done about 95 in my Miata, but I've done about 130 in my brother's Acura and about 150 in my dad's Jag.

Oh golly!!! That’s ......not that fast.

MOOHOOHOOHASAHAAHAAHARRHARRRRRRRR.

Michael
But, but, but, you don't understand, it's the corners, or the straights, or the rpm limiter, or the tires, or the exhaust smoke and side mirrors. BWAHAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAARRRRRRRRR..

It IS the corners and the length of the straight, Michael. If you actually knew anything about this subject, you'd know that.

Alan Baker
Riiight. HOOT!!!! BWAHAAAHAAAH. To bad you still don't know how to drive after a three day course. MOOHOOHOOHAAHAAHAAHAAARRRRRRRR.

Sorry, Michael. But no human--no perfect robot driver--could get more than about 4 mph more out of a Formula Skip Barber on that track.

BWAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

That's just the facts, and people who really know about road racing have no problem understanding that. They also understand that that's not even the part that takes any bravery at all. Turn 9 is where it's scariest to be going fast.

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Is that the 30 mph turn!!!!!! Sounds really, really scawey. HOOT!!!!