Re: More Tablet Options On ...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: More Tablet Options On The Way...
FromAlan Baker
Date03/29/2012 10:45 (03/29/2012 01:45)
Message-ID<alangbaker-B2DBDB.01455129032012@news.shawcable.net>
Followsflint

In article <jl0tp8$bnm$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent1@section31.org> wrote:

flint
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120328PD216.html

and...

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120328PD224.html

Looks like Apple will be stuck at 9.7" tablets in order to make any money of iPads, and their growth/dominance of tablet space will slow/shrink thanks to upcoming 7" tablets from Amazon and Asus/Google.

Because Asus has had such success, right?

"But the judge has initially sided with Asus, saying that people were unlikely to confuse the tablet with Hasbro properties, noting they had also waited too long to file the suit.

As a little kicker on the story, court filings have revealed that the device has produced pre-order numbers that are, shall we say, less than legendary.

It?s not entirely fair, of course, to compare a fragmented and developing ecosystem like Android tablets to the world leader, the iPad. After all, you don?t look at a new local restaurant and say ?yeah well, McDonald?s has served billions.? Selling at that volume is by far the exception, not the rule. At the same time, Asus is a big company with lots of ambition in the tablet and mobile computing space, so we can at least hold them to the standard of a large and established company.

So when court filings reveal that pre-orders for this poster child for Android 4 tablets (and it does look great) total a whopping 2,000 units as of a month ago, it?s kind of a letdown."

<http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/27/judge-asus-transformer-isnt-infringing- on-hasbros-trademark-and-asus-reveals-embarrassing-sales-stats/>

The Android alternative is turning into a juggernaut, with 450,000 apps now, and Windows-on-Arm tablets haven't even hit yet!

"Juggernaut"????

LOL

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook