Re: Mass Suicide Attempt at...

Lloyd
SubjectRe: Mass Suicide Attempt at Factory
FromLloyd
Date03/07/2012 23:51 (03/07/2012 16:51)
Message-ID<jj8opm$krl$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsNashton (4m) > Lloyd

"Nashton" wrote in message news:jj8k4t$e4d$2@speranza.aioe.org...

On 03-07-12 4:46 PM, Lloyd wrote:

Nashton
Have you seen or tried to use Win8 preview on a desktop, non-touch computer? Absolutely horrible! With touch, it would be fine I suppose. But on the desktop, it reminds me of MS Bob in its simplicity.

Just looking at it on the desktop really shows why Apple didn't just port OSX to the iPad/Touch/iPhone, wrong OS for it. And Win8 has no place on the desktop unless what actually ships is hugely different from the preview.

It's not very polished, but I don't understand what the fuss is about since you can revert back to the usual Windows environment with a click of a button.

Which button would be that you click to get the desktop complete with Start Menu? Answer, none!!

And simplicity is the name of the game. Is there any particular reason one would prefer something complex over something simpler?

when the simplicity gets in the way, ie; the Metro UI which is specifically a UI for a touch device, and which Win8 incessantly wants to switch back to.