Re: Canalsys also considers...

KDT
SubjectRe: Canalsys also considers iPad PCs....
FromKDT
Date01/31/2012 18:37 (01/31/2012 09:37)
Message-ID<3b04ad61-c525-4b84-951f-97fa46506d02@o20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>
FollowsRedjak
FollowupsRedjak (8m)

On Jan 31, 12:10=A0pm, "Redjak" <Redjack...@yahoo.com>wrote:

Redjak
"KDT" =A0wrote in message

KDT
I wonder how the trolls will spin this.... http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-57368610-64/apple-ipad-breaks-hps-h... "In the fourth quarter, Apple became the leading worldwide client PC vendor by shipping more than 15 million iPads and 5 million Macs, representing 17 percent of the total 120 million client PCs shipped globally in the fourth quarter, according to Canalys. "

Redjak
"the real shocker may be the emergence of Amazon as a personal computing giant. "In five years, maybe less, a company like Amazon may be a bigger PC company than some of the top fives today. It's a fundamental shift so those who are in denial are in trouble."

And that's happening already. Amazon may have shipped more than 5 million Kindle Fire tablets in the fourth quarter. Combine the Fire with other Kindle devices and you have numbers that rival the top PC makers."

How does this dispute what I said unless you think 5 million is greater than 20 million?

Redjak (8m)