Re: Asus shows an updated T...

flint
SubjectRe: Asus shows an updated Transformer Prime & beats Apple to the punch w/higher res HD display
Fromflint
Date01/12/2012 14:49 (01/12/2012 08:49)
Message-ID<jemocl$rv5$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsSandman (2h & 49m) > flint

On 1/12/2012 8:37 AM, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Jan 12, 8:21 am, Flint<age...@section31.org>wrote:

flint
Android is growing in this sector, but this isn't the point. Win 8(ARM) is on its way, and even AMD's procs have been demo'd in a few models of upcoming Android and Win 8(x86) tablets at CES this week.

KDT
So what advantage will Windows 8 on ARM chip give MS? How is Windows Phone 7 doing?

Windows 8 on ARM will have *no* backwards compatibility with standard Windows apps.

Sandman
Haha :) Yes, trolls in csma have a good track record of what suggestions that would be "good for Apple" :-D

flint
No more so than Apple cultists who justify everything Apple does.

KDT
Didn't your track record involve predicting the success of the Playbook and QNX based BlackBerries?

Nope. I never made such a prognostication - I merely expressed "high hopes" for it. I realize the difference seems subtle and may be lost on some, but...

BTW, I also had high hopes for the Transformer, and that one proved to be a winner.

I also seem to recall that some Apple fanboi prognosticators here who also thought that of all the iPad alternatives that were about to arrive at that time, HP was the most likely to have any chance because of them building their own ecosystem just like Apple.

Well, guess who the first contender to exit was?

flint
So you think Apple will never consider a smaller, less costly iPad?

KDT
Less costly...yes.

Smaller iPad? Probably not.

Slightly bigger iPod Touch? Maybe.