Re: Asus shows an updated T...

Redjak
SubjectRe: Asus shows an updated Transformer Prime & beats Apple to the punch w/higher res HD display
FromRedjak
Date01/11/2012 17:18 (01/11/2012 11:18)
Message-ID<jekcok$sdi$1@dont-email.me>
Follows-hh

"-hh" wrote in message news:b303adeb-4f5f-4fc2-83af-e8b2d7a917da@z1g2000vbx.googlegroups.com...

On Jan 11, 7:16 am, Nashton <n...@na.ca>wrote:

-hh
On 12-01-11 7:30 AM, -hh wrote:

Nashton
Flint<age...@section31.org>wrote:

-hh
On 1/10/2012 3:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

flint
I love the way you guys try and pretend that the iPad isn't creaming the competition by segmenting the market.

You know what is competing with those 7" tablets?

The iPAD!

It is outselling every other tablet... ...combined.

-hh
Segmenting a market is valid, so, where is the Apple 7" iPad then? When will Apple introduce a 7" tablet? The 7" tablet sales have been ramping up since the median price point for them finally broke $300. Where is Apple's sub-$300 iPad? Or<$250? Or<$200 for that matter.

Nashton
So by which means is your marketplace segment being defined: is it by size, or is it by price?

-hh
Depends on how one analyses it.

Only if one prefers to use *improper* analysis techniques.

While neither of these two factors are likely to have literally zero influence, one is invariably going to have a net influence that's greater than the other, which would then be pragmatically considered the "primary" (vs "secondary") contributing factor.

Oh, wait... that's right... *nowhere*

Nashton
Can't say that until you make definitive the modality of the segmentation.

-hh
The what of the segmentation?

My apologies; I neglected to remember that there's you and the rest of the intellectual knuckle-draggers of CSMA. Not to worry though, since my question was for Flint, and I'm reasonably confident that he won't be as utterly confused as you've chosen to be .. he'll probably even more able to recognize where there's been sarcasm! :-)

What a not so clever ploy. The only one here who seems to know what your babbling about is you. Those English classes you paid for at WOG U were a waste of money.