Re: Asus shows an updated T...

flint
SubjectRe: Asus shows an updated Transformer Prime & beats Apple to the punch w/higher res HD display
Fromflint
Date01/11/2012 05:48 (01/10/2012 23:48)
Message-ID<jej4b0$vpa$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsAlan Baker
Followups-hh (6h & 41m) > flint

On 1/10/2012 3:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article<jehvcg$fcn$1@dont-email.me>, Flint<agent1@section31.org> wrote:

flint
On 1/10/2012 7:28 AM, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 12-01-10 6:15 AM, Flint wrote:

flint
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/22284

1920x1200, front camera upped from 1.2MP to 2MP 1080p camera.

This is looking even sweeter.

Nashton
You just wait until Apple comes up with its own 7 inch tablet (by far, the most practical form factor, IMNSHO) and that will most certainly be innovation! ;)

flint
I wonder if Apple would be able to compete in a 7" market segment that is rapidly becoming crowded. At the current price points, I doubt they'd want to... and not because of any feigned disinterest in that particular form factor, either. They simply>can't< compete in the 7" space.

Alan Baker
I love the way you guys try and pretend that the iPad isn't creaming the competition by segmenting the market.

You know what is competing with those 7" tablets?

The iPAD!

It is outselling every other tablet... ...combined.

Segmenting a market is valid, so, where is the Apple 7" iPad then? When will Apple introduce a 7" tablet? The 7" tablet sales have been ramping up since the median price point for them finally broke $300. Where is Apple's sub-$300 iPad? Or <$250? Or <$200 for that matter.

Oh, wait... that's right... *nowhere*

Meanwhile, Android tablet sales are increasing, with Asus' Transformer Prime a strong #2 in sales, and climbing - and the Win8 tablets haven't even hit yet.

-- MFB

-hh (6h & 41m) > flint