Re: Proof Sandman keeps run...

Snit
SubjectRe: Proof Sandman keeps running from.
Message-ID<C6989FB9.3F231%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
FollowsSandman

Sandman stated in post mr-CCC344.21410231072009@News.Individual.NET on 7/31/09 12:41 PM:

Sandman
Says the guy that doesn't even dare to link to his "professional" web pages he allegedly made for "clients" and instead only have linked to butt-ugly pre-newbie-stage pages that look like they're made by a four year old.

It is comments like this that you made *before* I made the comments you whined about.

Yeah, you lashed out against me... I responded by pointing out how you were being a hypocrite, but did so in a way to help educate you not just on manners but also in ways to help you better your web development skills.

You *clearly* took much of the advice to heart, but then still lashed out and lied about me.

By the way, looking at http://sandman.net, your images are still very poorly compressed. For example, the 139K image of the bridge, even when set to "Very High" quality in Photoshop and with its color profile embedded, is reduced to less than 22K. The painted-face picture, at 139K, could be reduced in the same way to about 20K. Similar story with your other images.

For anyone with a slow connection, this makes a difference - and it reduces the load on the server to reduce those image sizes. There... now you know.

Other than that, though, you have made some good improvements. You no longer have the "mystery meat" navigation, and that was likely your biggest area of need. The contrast on your main text is excellent now, though your headers might be a little less so, they are large enough where I think they are fine. Your text is well broken up into "bite size" sections... but I think you have done that well since I first looked at your site.

For people with larger fonts, your layout gets pretty messed up - but that is common with CSS layouts. Look forward to future versions of CSS that actually handle layout well... you know, with a table-like structure. :)

-- [INSERT .SIG HERE]